Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

My roommates and I just got done praying together--something we do pretty much every night, that has been such a blessing. I am tired right now ... but still hoping to pray a little before going to bed.

Our message at prayer meeting tonight was one of those that you don't ever want to forget, that you want to live out each moment--for the rest of your life. Reminding us of our call to die to ourselves for the sake of reaching a lost world, our brother asked some hard questions.

Am I willing to die to my right to an apology if falsely accused (or wronged in any other way)? To my right to "fairness"? (How eternally grateful I am that God has acted mercifully toward me instead of doing what is fair--what I rightfully deserve as a sinner.)

Am I willing to die to my right to be understood? To any glory or attention? To any dismay over others getting the glory instead? To trying to control my life?

Have we risen above our own pettiness? Are we actively crying out to God for nearly 3 billion people who have never heard the Good News? What are the daisy chains in my life--those things that are keeping me from giving everything I've got to reach the lost world? What are the things I'm holding on to? The things I don't want to give up? May I die to them!

Toward the end we were challenged to ask Jesus to show us specific ways in which we can die to ourselves--what things He would have us lay at His feet. I know this isn't easy. Please pray the Father would reveal His heart to me--and then grant me the discipline to implement what He shows me. I know even this desire comes from Him, for in my flesh dwells no good thing.

No comments: