Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

I struggled a little last night with my emotions about the thing I mentioned yesterday that I'm praying about. Singing praise songs helped SO much. I felt a peace about things. But then later in the evening I struggled again.

And something else challenging has come up that I am trying to give over to the Lord and have HIS perspective over ... not always easy.

But He is good and faithful and I can trust Him. Even when my circumstances or emotions may try to wrongly tell me otherwise! Throughout the years I've definitely had a number of times where I've had to say "Okay, Lord. I'm going to trust You by faith." Then it is the most encouraging thing when the feelings later (or sometimes sooner!) follow. Praise God. He is so good.

On a different note ... I just got back from a really nice time with some gals from church -- a "bargain shopping" trip we've been planning for a while. We went to a Dillards clearance sale. And boy did we ever find some bargains!

I ended up with two really cute skirts, three great shirts, a much-needed pair of summer dress shoes, and a cute dress --all for about $80 total!

I think I'll get a lot of use out of everything. The skirts were $108 and $168 before clearance. (Can you imagine?!) And I got the dress for $6 and the shoes for $9. : ) I can't wait to try things on again when I get home -- that's always fun. :o)

Well, I'm going back to my apartment. I think some R&R along with some more time with the Lord will do me good. :o)

Until next time.

No comments: