Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Well, I've been back in Texas for about a week now, and still trying to figure out how to get "back into the swing of things" -- or maybe "into the swing of things" in the first place? :o) Do you ever feel like you don't have enough time to do everything in your life that you would like to or needs to be done? I feel that way much of the time. LOL.

I think a big thing is priorities. Putting first those jewels--the things that are most important and needed. Then focus and discipline in spending my time more wisely. This past weekend in my Sunday school class, I was convicted of my need to be much more consistent in my times with the Lord. So, taking the advice our teacher gave us, I set appointments with the Lord. I must admit the first one was set rather tentatively, especially as I'm not a morning person in any shape or form. :o)

But sure enough, I popped out of bed and shuffled over to the living room at 6:50 yesterday morning -- then at 7:30 this morning. I didn't necessarily "feel" like I was in the Lord's presence, but seeking Him diligently is so much more than just a feeling--the feelings won't always come right away, but yet perseverance in seeking is so important. Oh, how I long to be so close to Him--to spend much time in His wonderful presence, just resting at His feet.

I catch glimpses of what that is like--I want it to be a constant in my life. Each day. Each moment. Through Him it is possible.

No comments: