Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Encouraging breakthroughs.

As I was driving last night to church, listening to a message shared by our ministry's president, the Lord gave me a breakthrough!

I was powerfully reminded that I can will (deliberately choose) to look at my hard times from the Lord's perspective and not let them faze me, even when my heart and emotions cry out otherwise. I want to be able to say like the Apostle Paul, "None of these things move me."

A devotional I read the other day mentioned an interesting fact -- The Apostle Paul said "None of these things move me." He never said "None of these things hurt me." He hurt deeply. Yet he had such an incredible perspective.

In my weak human flesh I would love for all suffering and struggle to come to an end tomorrow. No, today. : ) Yet I am learning one step at a time to seek His contentment and perspective for however long He chooses to have me go through such things.

And I am having a nice afternoon and feeling encouraged. So thankful for that! :o)

No comments: