Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Whew! Almost another whole week has gone by, and not another posting from me. :o) I will try to do better next time, I promise? :oD It is kinda challenging, though, when the only computer I am able to post from now is at work.

Today is actually my first day back in the office after being sick Thursday and Friday of last week. And throughout the weekend. Though I don't look or sound quite my usual self, I feel SO much better today. What a nice feeling. :o)

It was SO good to see somewhere else other than the walls of my apartment. Don't get my wrong -- I love my apartment -- It's just, it is awfully nice to be able to finally get out again. ;oD To celebrate, for lunch I used one of my Chick-fila coupons for free chicken soup, and even got some waffle fries (and a Coke) to go with. :o)

Anyhow -- It truly does feel like the enemy has been attacking me in quite a few ways lately. Physically, in my thought life, spiritually, etc. Yet it is kind of comforting -- If I weren't headed in the right direction, he wouldn't bother trying to discourage me.

I was kind of sad I had to miss the Superbowl with my S.S. class yesterday. I had planned to go, but of course got sick. Yet I knew by faith that the Lord had to have a purpose in it. Saturday night I was reading in Psalm 84 and having some sweet time with the Lord. What a refreshing breeze in the middle of a spiritual dry spell!

It's incredible how the Lord does it -- I felt it on my heart to write something in my journal about nesting in Him (from Psalm 84). Of course, due to a combination of being sick, tired and just plain lazy, I didn't at first get up to go to the other side of the room and retrieve the aforesaid journal. But when I wanted to go to the kitchen for more food, I decided to also detour into the living room to grab the journal. And would you know? I never did get around to journaling about nesting -- but I journaled about a gazillion other things. As I read my last journal entry, from December 2004, I was reminded of something really encouraging the Lord had done in my life--of His provision. So I thanked Him for that and, well, you get the picture. :o) It was a refreshing and renewing time.

No comments: