Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, November 05, 2004

A rough day. I hope I don't have to repeat it for a while. I cried quite a bit. As I remarked to a coworker with a little chuckle, "I'm not good for much of anything today."

But, I emerged from the day with fun chats and laughter with roommates over a taco supper and prayer, a shoulder rub from a coworker, and some loving shoulders to cry on. Thank You, Lord. Thank You SO very much for the family here that loves me dearly. Thank you for each and every precious one. And thank You for my wonderful family back home and a few hours away.

Aren't you glad that for the Christian, we can't lose? That God loves us more than we could even imagine, and He is always bringing about a greater good in our lives, even through trials? That He hurts with us when we hurt? And, oh, I am so very encouraged to see how He has been working in me His perspective through it all. (It didn't start out that way, and wasn't that way for a while--and I still struggle somewhat--but He has been so faithful to keep working on me. How wonderful it is!) The other day someone remarked that I was "so brave" and they said I radiated the love and joy of Jesus. I needed to hear those words; they were life to my soul. Truly, God has been SO good to me. I love Him so very much!

No comments: