Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I am so very happy about the election results! When I heard about Bush's victory, I stood up in my cubicle and jumped for joy. :o) God is good ... and so very merciful to us, even though we so much don't deserve it.

Tonight at the midweek service at Calvary Chapel, I watched as a young woman came in a little late and sat by her brother. They looked so cute and homey as her brother leaned toward her and told her something. I got a little sad as I thought of how my brother is no longer here on this earth for me to do that with. Sitting in that pew, I imagined us sitting together like that as we grew older.

The Lord in His infinite wisdom and compassion has, for whatever reason, allowed--once again--a hard and somewhat painful situation in my life that I thought had finally ended. Yesterday I found myself thanking the Lord for this means to be made more like Him. I even recalled how I'd prayed just the day before for Him to make me more like Himself, whatever it takes. He sure does answer those prayers! I was rejoicing in that yesterday.

Today I wasn't so brave. But I try to continually remind myself that God is good, in any circumstance. And He is in control. Absolutely nothing takes Him by surprise. And He hurts when His children hurt--even if it's because of a trial He is allowing in their life for a greater good. He can be trusted! How comforting is that thought. Thank You, Lord. Thank You SO much.

Tomorrow I'm eating lunch with my friend Sherri from work. :o) I'm looking forward to it. She is such a sweetheart, and has such a servant's heart. She serves part-time with us, despite health-related problems, and would love to be here full-time if she could. I appreciate her!

No comments: