Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Hi again! It's me. We had our staff ladies meeting tonight ... a much-needed reminder of how we can give thanks in ANY circumstance and also how we can thank God, by faith, for things we do not yet see. Amen.

This was a very timely reminder for me, and I'd imagine for many of us. For me, parts of the two weeks before this one were times of being "in the valley". And this week in some ways feels like the process of getting "back in the swing of things" after having been in the valley. Yet, overall, it's been a rather good week, I think, for which I am so glad! : ) The weekend was good and set a nice tone for the week, I think. There are still things I need to lay before the Lord and trust Him for by faith, but I am so thankful for the time I had after the meeting tonight of catching up/praying with a friend and then driving around on my own, talking with and singing to Him.

On a different note, things have looked bleak this week for us writers, as our "resident walker" is on vacation (must be?) and hasn't paid us our daily visits. We miss seeing him out the window! A coworker and I were joking that we should make a big sign to put in the window for when he passes by -- something like, "We missed you" or "Welcome back". :o)

Oh, the little joys of life!

No comments: