Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

My lunch with Sherri today was so nice. She is such a dear sister. We had a nice time chatting about the Scriptures, and it was fun sharing with her how the Lord has been providing furniture for me for my new apartment. We really connected and had such a good visit together. She was saying how the Lord always brings us through hard times. She said some really encouraging things. And ... today was much better. Praise the Lord! I am so thankful for that, so relieved.

This afternoon was busy, but good I think! :o) (I LOVE being busy at work--it helps me keep focused!) It was pretty hilarious -- at one point, while I was cleaning my bathroom (each of us on staff take turns helping to clean the restrooms here!), I was alternating between wiping the counter/door and peeking out into the hallway to see whether someone I needed to meet with was free yet. :o)

Helen was here this morning in the desk next to mine, working on some writing projects. We had some great laughs together, talking about our "resident walker". No joke, he literally walks through our office parking lot three times a day. It's too funny. :o) He's a very dedicated walker and an inspiration to me to take some time for a quick walk during the workday.

Anyhow, we both were laughing because Helen was talking on the phone to one of our coworkers and saying, "He's wearing a denim jacket today! And it looks like he's growing a beard." And I teased that I would have thought that was "beneath his dignity." (He always has his "scrubs" on; he works over at one of the medical offices down the street from us.) Anyhow, he used to walk around, looking "neither to the right or to the left," but we've noticed lately that he's actually quite friendly. I joked that he'd better not be snobbish to us if he's gonna walk through our parking lot. :o)

No comments: