Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

I had an incredible Thanksgiving weekend. As I was telling my roommate today, "It felt surreal". (I think I'm using that word in the right context? If not, oh well, I just thought it'd be fun to use a big word on here. :o)) The weekend was filled with a yummy meal on Thanksgiving day, several nice times of fellowship with friends in my S.S. class, a walk each day at the park right down the road (beautiful days!) and ... SLEEP. :o)

I also made a "spur of the moment" turkey soup tonight, using leftovers that were sent home wtih me from Thanksgiving dinner! After tonight, I've decided I can somewhat do "ad lib" cooking after all ... several things I've tried in the past to be "creative" with, making up as I go, ended up not being that good. But the soup tonight turned out pretty well! :o) My roommate tried it and seemed to think so, too. We are moving this Saturday. Hard to believe! We're excited. I'm looking forward to this weekend ... even if it DOES end up being a lot of work. ;o) Hard to believe that a week from now, we will be all moved in!

No comments: