Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Jesus is Renewing My Heart ...

Yesterday after work I had the opportunity to pray with another friend ... we meet regularly to encourage and pray for one another! It was amazing how my perspective had changed by the end of our time. I felt rest and joy in the Lord even in my weariness. It was great!

This morning our staff had a meeting about our upcoming Renewing Your Passion missions conference. As the meeting progressed, I found myself getting more and more excited about this time! It is next weekend, and I can't wait! :) I am looking forward to this time to fellowship with other believers and reach out to our donors and sponsors.

Just now I've been working on an email and PhotoShow about one of our missionaries who was beaten and publicly humiliated for loving Jesus ... just one of many of our missionaries who have suffered persecution. I was especially moved by his story when I realized he is very close to my age. It's touching to think of him going through such suffering at such a young age, yet it was also incredible to read about some of the amazing things God has done through his ministry in Orissa. An elderly couple was rescued from suicide when the Lord brought him into their path ... and they received Jesus as Savior! Praise the Lord. Just as this verse promises, truly this missionary's labor in the Lord is not in vain!

I so often am encouraged and strengthened in my own faith when I hear such stories of the amazing courage and perseverance of our Christian brothers and sisters in other countries.

No comments: