Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Jesus is incredible ...

I shared yesterday some of the struggles the Lord has been allowing me to go through lately ... Ever since maybe Friday of last week I have felt incredibly tired and seem to be going through an unusual amount of discouragement ... yet today, as I was praying with a friend I always meet to pray with after work on Mondays, I suddenly started praising God and felt lifted above the pain.

I rejoiced because Jesus was giving me a whole new perspective, the perspective I was reminded of yesterday. I am so grateful! It's amazing how prayer and praise can change our trials into rejoicing. I would not in my natural human flesh choose to go through hardships and trials in my life ... Yet even these hardships and trials are dear friends to me, for anything that draws me closer to the feet of Jesus is my friend. More than anything, I want to know Him more. I love Him so much.

It is a busy week ... I am finishing up some stuff around the apartment tonight to get ready for out-of-town company tomorrow evening ... as well as running to the store to get some fresh fruit. :) And hopefully getting a nice walk in there somewhere, too. :) Then later in the week, I am hoping to hang out some with some of our summer interns ... great young women that I've been enjoying getting to know during their time here. :) Then on Friday evening is extended prayer here at GFA.

I thank the Lord that He is with me each step of this busy week ... I am hoping my out-of-town guest, Rebecca, will get to come for some of prayer tomorrow evening, if she's not too tired from her long drive to Texas ... this prayer meeting is just two hours, unlike Friday, which is our all-night prayer. :-D

No comments: