Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's the little things I cherish ...

I think sometimes it's the "little" and thoughtful things in life that I love the most ... you know, those times when someone puts a candy bar on your desk for "no reason" other than that they thought of you and thought you would enjoy it ... or someone writes you a really encouraging note that came at just the right moment for a time you're going through ... You know, stuff like that. :)

Last night was so much fun. I hung out with Hannah, Erin, Anna and Jessica ... summer interns here at GFA who have quickly become great friends ... they're pretty much awesome. :=) Anyhow, we had a blast going out to Stonebriar Mall and eating in the food court there, and walking around and shopping.

We all were walking around the food court, trying to decide what we each wanted. I think I took the longest to decide ... (food decisions are hard ... so many great choices there!) and ended up with Rollerz. Some of you know that I have been trying not to drink soda for a while ... I thought it would be hard for me since I love soda, but overall it's been surprisingly easy so far.

Well, most combo meals come with a soda ... but Rollerz had this awesome combo with one of their wraps and a small smoothie. Needless to say I was a happy camper, with my strawberry banana smoothie and santa fe chicken goodness. It may seem like a small thing, but it was just really a fun surprise. :)

I have been having a terrific week ... remember how I shared on Monday how I had been battling an unusual amount of discouragement for several days or more, but also how the Lord had given me a new perspective through my time of prayer with a friend. Well, a little later in the evening I realized the Lord had completely lifted my discouragement. I was so grateful! I believe He will do the same for any of y'all who may be going through discouragement, too ... just keep seeking Him. :)

No comments: