Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Church, Nice Sunny Days and Rollerskating

So this afternoon I did something I haven't had opportunity to do for quite some time ... rollerskating! Back in the day, when I was in junior high/high school, I LOVED to go rollerskating. They would have Christian skate night at the local skating rink ... which just happened to be very close to my house. It was a great deal to skate on Christian skate night ... $1.25! :)

And, thanks to a friend of mine, I found out about another great deal, at the skating rink not too far from where I live now! On Sunday afternoons through the end of August, it's just $3.00 to skate from 2 to 6 p.m. I went with a friend today, and another friend met up with us there, and I think we're going to try to get our Sat. night Bible study group together to go sometime. Wahoo! :) Skating is always something I've enjoyed a lot.

After skating, I ended up at the nature preserve walking. I heard a snake slither in the grass and screamed SO loud!!! (I never saw it, but am reasonably sure it was a snake ... ;-)) Later I saw an armadillo cross the path ahead of me. That was fun!! Then I went to Wal-mart to get ... smoothie ingredients, shampoo, etc. Amazing how much energy I've had today! Definitely not complaining, since it's been a couple of weeks since I've had even close to this much energy! ;-)

We sang patriotic songs in church this morning ... great fun! :) Oh, and the message in Sunday school was so good. He read some verses from Isaiah 44 and reminded us all of how Jesus is the only One who truly satisfies. What a great reminder ... I am finding myself reminded more and more of that lately. :)

No comments: