Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Good Week and a Heart Filled with Thanks

It's been a busy week, but also a good one. :) There have been a couple of days where I've stayed a while after finishing up a writing project ... but I've enjoyed it. I have been thinking lately of how grateful I am for my job. I think I've had many moments over the last number of months where I took it for granted and saw more the harder aspects of it than the privilege it is.

I enjoy what I'm getting to do, I love the people I work with, and most of all, the Lord is allowing me to help reach people in Asia through it! It amazes me that the Lord would call me to do something I have enjoyed so much from as far back as I remember (writing) along with a burning desire He gave me from my childhood (seeing people reached with the Gospel!). Thank You, Lord. :)

May He get all the glory ... for none of it belongs to me. It's ALL about Him. It amazes me that He would call me to serve Him ... I know I still have so far to go in my Christian walk, yet He is so patient with me. ;)

I think we all can get discouraged at times or take things for granted, so it's always so refreshing to be reminded of God's incredible provision in our lives. At different times last week, I felt myself tested in the area of trusting in the Lord and His ways.

I was struck with the contrast between human ways of doing things and God's way. The Lord enabled me by His grace to make a conscious decision to trust Him and be faithful in what I knew to do, even when it felt a little hard. As I stepped forward in that trust, I felt incredible peace and rest in Him ... I felt that I no longer needed to strive ... I could just faithfully do what He had set before me and called me to, but beyond that, just BE ... no more striving. :) Then, He confirmed what He had shown me through His Word, a Christian book and the lesson in Sunday school this past weekend, as well as allowing some great encouragement to come my way.

I was so encouraged today to get an email from a co-worker mentioning that some Gospel for Asia supporters had given to provide a well in response to a lot of the emails and PhotoShows that had recently gone out that reported back the eternal fruit God is bringing through these wells. Well, I thought about it a moment and realized I had worked on some of those emails and PhotoShows, such as this one! It's so encouraging to me to think that I could be part of people being ministered to and hearing about Jesus on the other side of the Lord. Praise the Lord.

I wanted to share this Scripture passage that so encouraged me when I read it recently ... I think it relates to what the Lord has been showing me lately!

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms ..."
--Deuteronomy 33:26,27b

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love that picture of you with you laughing with friends. That's how I know you and it's such a good reflection of who you really are. I miss you so much and I wish I could see you. Call me soon.

Love ya!