Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Jesus is in the Valleys

For a week now I've been finding myself physically tired ... and at times kind of having an overall feeling of weariness. I did get a nap yesterday ... although I'm not sure it was enough. I should be able to get some good rest this evening ... and it's nice, too, that Friday is July 4 so I can sleep in. :) I kept forgetting about that ... so it was a fun surprise today!

Last night I did have a good prayer time with a friend ... It was amazing the sense of peace I was left with as we parted ways. Meeting with her and praying with her was just what I needed last night! Then today I had a thoughtful note from another good friend, reminding me to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus. That reminder was just what I needed today ... Jesus is incredible ... and no matter how weary I may feel at times, His presence is still a refuge where I can find indescribable joy.

I am finding myself constantly reminded lately of my need for Him. That's a good thing in the sense that it drives me to His feet. I was excited to receive in the mail an old Caedman's Call CD I ordered off Amazon. I think this excerpt from their song "Down in the Valley" says it well ...

Down in this wasteland I miss the mountaintop view
But it's here in this valley that I'm surrounded by You.
Though I'm not here by my will it's where Your view is most clear.
So I'll stay in this valley if it takes 40 years.


Now, I do hope I'm not feeling as weary for the next 40 years as I was from this past Monday to today ... :) But I do so much love the whole theme of these lyrics ... the willingness the songwriters express to "stay in the valley" for as long as it takes if that means they are drawn closer to Jesus through it. I totally love that! And I love that anything we go through as believers in Christ is for a purpose ... none of it is wasted.

No comments: