Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Rejoicing some more ...

I do think I'm on Cloud Nine! Or something like it, anyhow! I just got back from Transit (my Sat.nite study) and fellowship with the group afterwards at Baker Bros. Class was great ... the lesson was SO good. Our teacher brought out so many Scriptures about how amazing Christ is and how incredible it is that we can know Him ... that if we are His children, He is even living in us! How awesome is that? One thing that really, really stood out to me was when he said that so often, we settle for so much less than God in our everyday lives ... our desires are such that we have desires for lesser things than God Himself. Than the sweetness of knowing Him more deeply. So true ... and something I want to stop being guilty of. :) Deep down I do so much desire Him ... He is more to me than life itself! Now may I increasingly live and dwell in that mind-boggling reality.

There were so many visitors, too ... or at least, it sure felt like there were! :) I was running around like crazy, making sure our visitors felt welcome and that they each had visitors sheets to fill out ... but I loved every minute of it. :-) I truly love this class and the community of it and getting to serve and fellowship there. I'm so grateful. I also so much love the community of those I'm on staff with at GFA. I have been so reminded lately of how wonderful that is.

So ... right before class tonight, I went to get the folder with the roster and visitor sheets, and was walking down the hall with it. Well, just as I neared the classroom, suddenly the visitor sheets literally came flying out of the folder. And I slipped on some of them and ... totally went sprawling to the floor. Several of my classmates saw the whole thing. ;-D Good thing was, at least they were able to come to my rescue, grabbing the papers off the floor for me as I laughed ... and laughed some more ... and regained my composure. We decided the class folder should come with a warning label ... perhaps ... "Be careful ... could be hazardous to your health if carrying it down the hall". :)

No comments: