Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Celebrate Freedom was muddy but definitely a good time! I ended up hanging out at the GFA booth a lot of the time, having a bunch of fun helping to give out free books. :-D Jules and I also went and enjoyed some of the concert for a few minutes - and visited a cool booth that had $5 Christian t-shirts. :o) She got one with the different names for Jesus, and I got a bright pink one with the verse about loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. (I wasn't even thinking about it at the time, but that's exactly what my Bible study is in the unit I'm starting! Pretty cool :o))

Tomorrow is all-night prayer at the office. I'm looking forward to that! At 1:01 a.m. I'll be sharing, too, about the Maldives. Beautiful place with gorgeous waters and coral reefs ... but the people need Jesus. I am so glad there is nothing HE can't do ... I was reading in my Bible study recently the verse in James about Elijah being a normal human being just like us, yet how powerfully the Lord used his prayers. When he prayed, it didn't rain for three years!!!

I marvel at the privilege to know and serve a God for whom nothing is impossible. And at His incredible patience with me, and His grace.

No comments: