Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My writing projects are going well. I just finished a web story about a beggar who came to know Jesus, through an outreach of GFA Compassion Services, before being killed that very day in an auto accident. I'm so thankful she knew the Savior!

There are times lately that the "battle" (Ephesians 6) feels maybe particularly intense. But I am finding lately that I get so incredibly encouraged by stories from the mission field ... especially, lately, some stories of the underground church I've been reading in Hearts Afire, a book someone gave me published by Voice of the Martyrs.

Last night I had the opportunity to share, during prayer meeting, some stories that have especially touched my heart, from the work in Asia that we all get to part of here at GFA. An amazing thing happened ... It was my hope that people would be encouraged through these stories, as I have been, yet I also found that I was so encouraged myself through the time of getting to share. I guess, for one thing, sometimes it strengthens us and encourages us in our faith as believers, when we verbalize to others some of the ways the Lord has ministered to us at just the right moment. :-)

On a totally different and somewhat random note, I really looking forward to trying out these new recipes ...
1) Chicken fajita skillet
2) Chicken tortilla soup
3) Hawaian chicken


hmmmm ... which means I probably should get to the grocery store, now that the rain has cleared. :-) Maybe I can even get a nice walk in before I get my groceries!

No comments: