Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, July 09, 2007

So this is my 533rd post - what do you know! :-D

I have been pretty busy lately and not been able to post as often as I'd like. But things overall are relatively good, and God has been teaching me much. I am being reminded that HE is my security, my sufficiency ... something I know full well on an intellectual, objective level, but oh how it can be a challenge at times to remember on an everyday heart level. ;-) [I'm sure all of you reading this blog can relate!!!]

Yet I am learning so much from the Lord, and that's surely a good thing. I am often reminded that He is far more concerned with my character than my comfort. I am grateful, for in my natural flesh, I would be much more inclined to choose my comfort. :-) How grateful I am for a God who allows challenges and trials in my day-to-day life --things He uses to draw me closer to HIM, which is ultimately what I want most anyhow. Boy, oh boy, is HE good and faithful to me. :o) Praise the Lord.

Well, I am off to make a couple stops and run some errands, and work a bit on some writing projects. :o) It's a beautiful day outside!

No comments: