Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ever had those moments in life where you just feel kind of weary? Don't get me wrong ... on a number of levels I'm doing well, especially all things considered, with the news about my dad. It's just ... sometimes I've been finding myself feeling stressed out a bit? Or out of sorts maybe?

I don't want to feel that way. :-) I think I need to take to heart Isaiah 40:31, which tells me that as I wait on Him, He will renew my strength. He has strength for every trial, every project, every part of my daily life! How glad I am for that.

And this weekend I'm going to a women's retreat for my young adults class ... not the kind where you stay overnight, but the kind that will be for a couple of hours on Friday, and then start again on Saturday! Anyhow, the lady I was emailing to sign up for it informed me that someone had payed my retreat costs, so I was good to go! That totally made my day ... I was moved beyond words.

Well now I'm going to run downstairs to have some barbeque as part of our intern graduation celebration. YUM. Then I'll probably head home pretty soon so I can get some stuff done and also get some good rest.

God is good.

No comments: