Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Heather and Jess left this morning - I had a nice time with them!

A couple of fun facts from the weekend:
-went to 7 (I am not kidding!!! :-)) Half-Price bookstores in two days
-ate at two Panda Express's
(we went other places, too, besides just Half-Price bookstores and Panda Express! :o))

My friends really, really like Half-Price bookstores, so they wanted to go to as many as they could! And it worked out fine for me, too, because usually they had a table somewhere in the store where I could spread out my SEND! research and get some work done, and I could also visit with my friends, too, as they stopped by to look through books or have me watch their purse. :-)

Going to Panda Express the second time was really fun. My friends both like Panda Express, and it's something they don't have back home. Jess wanted to have her picture taken by the pictures of pandas that were on the wall, to give to her mom since she likes pandas. So she recruited Heather and I to help with picture-taking. :-) [Well, I tried to help, but I didn't know Heather's digital camera that well ... so she wisely figured it would be quicker if she took them. :o)]

It was so fun watching them walk around to the different spots to take pictures, especially when the nice guy at the counter who had served us earlier looked over and laughed good-naturedly, and a couple of high schooler boys who were watching them looked over at me and were like, "Um, have they not ever been to Panda Express?" :-D Needless to say, when Heather and Jess got back to the table from their picture-taking adventure, we all enjoyed some good laughs together!

I'm a bit tired from the weekend, but doing well, and so grateful for the good visit with my friends.

No comments: