Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Animal crackers or doggie treat biscuits? That is the question.

Okay, now that I've got your attention ... :-) An out-of-town friend of the ministry wanted to play an April Fools joke on my department coordinator, Lars ... so she enlisted my help! She was in town briefly last week and brought boxes of animal crackers for today's information department meeting.

The boxes had our names on them ... so in the one with my coordinator's name, she put doggie treat crackers! They looked like regular animal crackers, and tasted quite good to a number of us who tried them later, actually! [She told me last week that she had taste-tested them and mentioned that you really couldn't tell they weren't animal crackers :o)]

Lars ate probably four or five of them and was totally oblivious until I showed him the pet store receipt!!! And with the help of a couple of co-workers, we got the whole thing on video, too. :-D

We all think Lars was quite the good sport! He even packaged up the cracker box and the receipt so he could bring them to show his wife! Of course, he did remind me that he does my staff evalution (uh-oh) ... and it just so happens I have one coming up really soon. :)

No comments: