Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, July 25, 2005

This workday went by fast! It is so pretty outside. If you read the post below, you'll see that I'm doing MUCH better than I was last week -- YAY! :o))))

This afternoon as I was reading a Christian magazine article, possible source material for a Dalit article I'm working on for SEND!, I felt like I got a glimpse into another world. The article mentioned thousands of people gathering every Sunday in a field in an area of India, traveling to get there by foot, bicycle, or whatever other means of transportation they could find. And they carried in sick people on cots and chairs, voicing their cries for help ... and listening to the message that Jesus loves them ... that they are cherished by their benevolent Creator.

One thing that spoke to me was the deep hunger for God's Word. When the missionaries came in with New Testaments and other Christian literature, the rush of the people was so great that at one point the missionaries were cornered into their vehicle. Outreach team members then began proclaiming the message of God's love to those who had gathered, as they handed people their own copy of God's Word.

Incredible. When I hear stories like that, I am transported into another world. A world that doesn't revolve around me. A world where the Word of God is living and active, alive and fresh. A world where "other things" suddenly don't seem to matter so much ... they start to pale in comparison. Lord, help me to live in that world.

Now I'm going home to have some time with the Lord. I'm going to read in Romans 12:9-21, the passage from yesterday's message at church. A while back, when I was meditating on the sermon passage throughout the week, the Lord spoke to my heart so much -- so I plan to start doing that again. :o)

No comments: