Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

It's Wednesday.

And it's a beautiful day out there. But it hasn't been the easiest week. I've been unusually tired, still recovering from being sick, and have had kind of a weak stomach.

More than that, though, I'm having some confusing thoughts. I so much desire the Lord's peace! And according to His Word --which is absolutely TRUE-- it is attainable!

I came across verse during lunch yesterday:

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
--Isaiah 58:11

I didn't see the last sentence of the verse until later -- but isn't it cool? The whole image is such a nice one. That's how I want to be -- "...like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail". Right now I feel like I'm kind of GRASPING ... wanting to be at that point but just not quite there at the moment, and not quite sure how to get there? Help me, Lord. I know You are able!

No comments: