Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

I'm feeling probably slightly better.

The Lord allowed for me to meet up briefly today with Emily, another woman at the ministry. She listened and encouraged and prayed for me. I feel comfortable sharing things with her, which is such a blessing.

Even though she's married with five children, I can sense in her voice and expression that she remembers what it's like to be a single woman, having various struggles and desires and seeking to be right where God wants her to be.

Ever feel like you just "can't quite get it all together"? (I talked to a couple of single gals, friends of mine from the ministry, over lunch today, and they totally agreed that they've been there!) I've been kind of feeling that way a lot lately ... like, where does all the time go? And why am I so tired all the time? (Probably in big part because I was sick last week) And when I try to sit down and spend time with the Lord, why is it so hard to focus? Probably a big part of it is the spiritual battle.

When I was talking to Emily today, she said, "Your heart to please Him is beautiful. And your heart is what He desires, and then everything else will follow." Loosely paraphrased, but the basic point of what she was saying. I needed to hear those words of encouragement today.

I know I have a long way to go, but He has given me a heart to seek Him. For that I am so thankful. And He doesn't give up on me. I just need to trust Him.

Well, this month is my month to help clean the building, so I'm going to go work on some things so I can leave a little early tomorrow after work, to go see Shakespeare in the Park with some friends from church. :o) That should be fun.

No comments: