Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, July 11, 2005

So this is my 246th post. Pretty cool.

As I sit up here in my desk at the office, I have a beautiful view of houses, trees, apartments, and even buildings on the horizon -- framed by glorious big, open sky.

Today was a good day. I had the opportunity to go eat lunch with a friend from the office, Karene.

The weekend was good, too! Friday was extended prayer here at the ministry ... I left at 12:30 after helping to clean up, because I was soooooo tired and my left shoulder had been hurting.
That day both our 3rd Quarter SEND! and 2004 Annual Report appeared in our mailboxes at work, which was pretty exciting! I had the opportunity to write the radio and Muslim outreach features for SEND! this time around -- you can check them out in our latest issue at www.gfa.org/send. :o) It's my heart's desire that the hearts of many be touched as they read these stories!

Saturday during the day I didn't do much except do laundry, pick up a little, and take a one-hour nap. Then that night I met up with several others in my S.S. class to see The Pacifier at the dollar theater.

Wanna know something funny? Friday I am dressing up in a cow costume and actually making a public appearance ... twice. Hey, it's for a good cause (see www.chickfila.com), plus the fact that I'm just about ALWAYS up for free food, especially when it's Chick-fila. :o)

There will be people and cameras to witness my costume debut.

No comments: