Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

I joined my dad for worship at our home church this morning. A high schooler, the daughter of one of my supporters, sang a special. She has a beautiful voice. But more than that, the Lord used the song she sang, Breath of Heaven, to touch my heart.

I was quietly weeping as I was reminded of a sacrifice I may need to make, in view of God's unique calling on my life to serve on behalf of the unreached.

Even though any sacrifice I may make is puny compared to Christ's ultimate denial of self and the horrible pain He suffered for me-- AND I know that if He has me make the sacrifice in this particular instance it will likely mean something better in the future--it doesn't mean it's not still really hard at times.

O Lord, work in me, I pray, that I would cry tears, not of self pity, but rather of weeping for a lost world and people on the other side of it that still need to hear of Your precious gift for them.

Today I received word of a tremendous earthquake and resulting tidal wave, causing the deaths of thousands-- more than 10,000 people, and close to 2,500 in Sri Lanka alone, and 1,600 in India. It broke my heart to think of the many lives lost, just like that--precious souls that may not have had the opportunity to hear about Jesus before they died (Hebrews 9:23).

O, how I wish everyone on this earth would embrace Jesus and His salvation, so that not one person would suffer for eternity in hell. (2 Peter 3:9)

No comments: