Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Our move this past weekend went well. I never would have guessed there was so much to the moving process! Preparing and packing definitely involved some long nights with less sleep. But it all came together and my roommate and I could both so much see the Lord's hand at work in the whole process. We want this new season of our lives to glorify Him.

Saturday was the actual day of our move. More than 30 people on staff at the ministry showed up to help us. I noticed something I'd maybe never noticed before. Usually I help with other people's moves, and enjoy it so much, but this time I found myself standing and watching everyone as they got boxes together, made an assembly line out the balcony, and joked and laughed good-naturedly. It was quite fun ... and incredible to watch. Looking back, I felt like I was watching a well-orchestrated symphony. One that had been rehearsed in a general sense, but not the specific piece that was being played. Yet the notes seemed to just flow and come naturally and in their place. More than anything, I think, I so much felt how much people cared for me.

It was a nice time, even if my roommate and I were both pretty tired from staying up late the night before with extended prayer at the ministry and then last-minute packing. It was a pretty day out, and the fellowship was good. The Lord has really been watching out for me, because I very quickly caught up on my fatigue. He even woke me up this morning with an alertness uncharacteristic of me. :o) (especially considering how late I stayed up last night!)

I like the new apartment SO much! It's really cute. :o) It feels homey and peaceful, and there is a gorgeous view outside the back balcony! I'm so excited. :o)

No comments: