Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Tonight was our staff Christmas party. As I looked around at the faces of all the people sitting at round tables throughout the room, I realized just how much they had become like family to me. I was reminded of what a special thing I have.

There were some funny skits that I really enjoyed -- especially an interactive one where we would make donkey noises and say things like "gold, frankencince and myrh" and "no problem" at different points in the Christmas story.

On a more serious note, later in the program we dimmed the lights and were each challenged to think of what it would be like to go through our lives unreached with the Gospel. At first I couldn't grasp or feel this in my heart -- but then I imagined myself being married and then having a child, and that somehow that child was taken from me, and sent to a remote village where he or she would grow up and live to an old age and die, without ever hearing about Jesus. I can't imagine!

No comments: