Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Day. To think, about 2,000 years ago today, Jesus came to be born in a manger and walk this earth and give His life to atone for sin so we could be saved by putting our trust in Him. How often do I truly grasp the wonder of this? Of His great love for me -- His great gift. How reassuring it is to know that I can trust Him -- no matter what. That His plan is always good and perfect. I love You, Lord. Thank you for coming to this earth ... for loving us so very much. Help me to more and more grasp this wondrous love and live my life in view of it.

Tonight we drove in from my grandmother's, where we were yesterday and today. I got together with my friend Heather and we exchanged gifts. We also went by and saw my cousins for a few minutes, at my aunt's and uncle's house. :o) And I got my combined birthday and Christmas gifts from my parents -- a food processor, a vacuum cleaner, and a crockpot, which I opened last night. I'm very excited about using these things in the new apartment!

No comments: