Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, May 05, 2008

If I Could ...

Sometimes I wish I could take away all the pain that anyone dear to me has ever had to go through. I would if I could. :) Of course I can't ... and I realize that in God's perfect and loving sovereignty it's somehow, paradoxically, best that I can't ... For, so often, the trials and pain people go through make them the person in Christ that they are today. In many cases, it is even what turns them toward Christ in the first place. So ... I must accept that God is sovereign and I am not ... and He is in control and works out everything for good, regardless of the earthly pain and sorrow me or those around me may have to experience in our lives.

But for now ... all of you in my life who are close to my heart and experiencing struggles ... please know that I care for you so very much ... and that if I could take away the pain and make it "all better" for you, simply by hugging you ... well, I would. :) I wish I could tell you that everything's going to be alright ... oh, but I CAN ... because of Jesus!

For all who have trusted in Him as Savior, He has promised that everything will work out for our good in the end ... and that He uses the difficult things in our lives to continue to shape us more and more into His image. And ... knowing Him as this incredible Savior, we are promised a perfect home in Heaven with Him, worshipping Him and falling at His wonderful feet for all eternity, in eternal bliss.

So ... maybe I really can hug you and tell you that everything's going to be okay. :)

No comments: