Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, May 30, 2008

It's all about Jesus ...

Well it's 5:30 on Friday and I'm about to start a busy weekend! In a little bit I am meeting up with a friend to walk for a bit and take some items down to the Colony Resale to donate. (It's always such a good feeling to get rid of stuff I don't need anymore ... it kind of feels like I'm simplying my life a bit. :)

All day tomorrow I will be at a retreat for the women who are part of my Bible fellowship class at church. I'm so much looking forward to that! It should be great teaching and fellowship ... and great time for girl bonding. :) That ends at 4:00, and then I have my Bible study and will likely go to Pei Wei Asian diner with everyone afterwards. :)

Sunday will be busy, too, with being at church and then later meeting up with some friends for fellowship and games.

As I consider some of the challenges that have come up in my day-to-day life lately, I am reminded that if I just remember that life, really, is all about Jesus, then everything kind of takes its proper place. :-D I want to remember that because there's such freedom on that ... it means I can rest in Him so securely, whether it be concerning a big project at work (thankfully I'm pretty much caught up on those now!) or just things on my mind. There is such rest and freedom in remembering He is in control ... and letting my life be guided by the knowledge that I can securely trust Him. It's been a challenging week in some ways, so it's good and so helpful to remember these things!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :-D

No comments: