Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Reflections and Thoughts on a Thursday

This week is going considerably better than when I last posted! It was interesting; I was talking to a friend from work yesterday as we walked at the nature preserve, and we both talked about how quite a few people here on staff have been having a challenging week. We talked about how it could be spiritual warfare. It's always so good to be reminded of that ... working here at GFA, we are at the forefront of something the Lord is using to powerfully break down spiritual strongholds in Asia, yet how easy it can be for me to forget that! I think sometimes I expect to plod along merrily, not suffering attack from the enemy. Yet it's so true that the enemy is not going to want to stand idly by while strongholds are being broken down in Asia! It can be a sobering thought to think of the enemy's attacks. I am simply human flesh and unable to fight back in myself, but thankfully Jesus Himself dwells within me since I am His redeemed child, and HE is able to fight these attacks. Praise the Lord!

You can keep my friend from church in your prayers as the Lord brings her to mind. Her name is Christina, and I know your prayers will mean so much. I can't even imagine what it would be like to suddenly lose my dad ... especially at such a young age. I am so close to my daddy! Last year we had about a week where we were faced with the reality that we could very well lose him (when he had cancer), and the peace the Lord gave us during that time was unbelievable. Still, though, I was so relieved and grateful when the Lord spared him. My friend and I may never know in this lifetime why the Lord chose to take her dad at this time ... but God is still on His throne and can be trusted just as much as ever. Thank you for your prayers ... asking you all to pray reminds me that I need to be faithful to pray!!

I am looking forward to a relaxing evening and some good times with Jesus ... and enjoying some chicken with sour cream, salsa and black beans that I cooked in my crockpot. :)

No comments: