Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Bit of an Update ...

It has been a bit of a challenging week for me ... just kind of one of those weeks ... then I found out some hard news yesterday about a friend who suddenly lost someone very close to them. I found myself giving them a big hug and praying with them, as they had desired, yet realizing that was, ultimately, all I could do ... I couldn't take away the pain because that's not humanly possible! But I can continue to PRAY for them ...

It's hard sometimes to understand why there are times of such pain in our lives here on earth ... yet I have to trust that in all of it, God loves us, His children, every bit as much and He is still just as much on His throne. These are objective, solid facts. He is, indeed, our solid rock that we can always lean upon in even the biggest storms of our lives ... our sure and lasting foundation. Praise God.

This evening I am spending some time with a friend, walking, and then making a few stops probably, and then looking forward to resting and doing just a bit around the apartment. I also want to spend some good time with the Lord. I am increasingly reminded of how incredibly important it is to have those times with Him ... through them, I often find my whole perspective is turned around.

Just a thought on the three-day weekend ... it included some great times of fellowship and laughter with friends ... whether hanging out at On the Border after church, playing Mafia, or laughing together at how I "growled" at the voice recording on Moviefone as as friend and I called to get the movie showings at the dollar theater. :-D (The only way I can get the voice recording to respond to me is if I speak in this voice that almost sounds like a growl ... otherwise she can't understand my southern accent. :-)) I find myself so grateful for the friends the Lord has given me and the warmth they bring into my life!

1 comment:

banderclip said...

hope you are having a splendid day. prayed for you. :)