Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jimmy John's, Starbucks and Sweet Tea Queen

I can hardly believe it's Thursday night?! This week has been going by rather quickly, I think? Tonight I met with some other girls for some Bible study and fellowship. We started at Jimmy John's, then ended up at Starbucks. One of my friends had several Starbucks gift cards and told me she wanted to treat me. That was really sweet of her! :)

As we talked about different themes from the book of Matthew, I was reminded of a great message I heard in community fellowship in downtown Dallas recently, about holding on tightly to Jesus and loosely to the things of this world. I think it's so wonderful that in all of life, whatever may be going on around you all or me, Jesus is a constant refuge and Friend for those who know Him. Praise the Lord! It makes me want to jump for joy. :) I hope today that Jesus is your refuge and strength, a very present help in time of need. :) He is supremely wonderful, and so faithful!

So tomorrow is our GFA staff picnic ... and I'm am thinking about coming dressed as "Sweet Tea Queen." ;) We shall see ... truthfully, I don't think my "costume" would require toooo much planning, but definitely at least a little bit ... especially since I'm not naturally that artistically creative (sigh). I truly have appreciation for artists and graphic designers and the gifts God has blessed them with. :)

Oh yeah ... in case you're wondering why I would dress as Sweet Tea Queen ... we're encouraged to dress up as superheros if we can come up with a costume. So ... I was trying to think of something that would relate to being from the Deep South (since my co-workers love to tease me about that since I'm a minority in that. :-D). So one of my co-workers suggested Sweet Tea Queen. Then I decided that to make it a bit more "superhero-ish", my slogan could be "Saving the World ... One Sweet Tea at a time." And then I would dress as a southern gal on a plantation, since sweet tea is definitely a trademark of the Deep South. :) So ... we'll see if my creative juices get flowing or if I just come dressed my normal self to the picnic tomorrow. :-D Either way ... it should be fun! And a good "end of the week" time of fellowship with people.

Hope you have had a blessed week, resting in Jesus! :)

No comments: