Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Friday, June 24, 2005

9:35 P.M.
I'm at Target, trying on a "fun" shirt. Translation? Fun, meaning I could definitely wear it around the house, and with just a few alterations, could probably also wear it out places.

It's on sale for $12.99.

Not a bad price, but not "super-duper" cheap, either. Trying on the shirt, I think about the family we just did a web story on, who were brutally hacked to death in Central India for their Christian faith and Gospel witness.

And suddenly I am struck by the contrast ... and finding myself transported to another world.

This dear, sweet little family probably didn't have much to their name. Let alone could even one family member be shopping "for fun". Say, for shirts at Target or its equivalent.

Yet exceedingly great is their reward in heaven.

I end up deciding on another piece of clothing -- will make a great skirt for the office and church. Even at $12.99, it's a bit more practical than the other thing.

Still, in this area I probably have a long way to go.

I get to the checkout. Turns out, the "skirt" is still $14.99, not on sale for $12.99. In keeping with what I already decided, I don't get it.

Hmmm ... maybe I am learning at least a little bit after all. :o)

No comments: