Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, April 14, 2008

So grateful ...

This will be short since I have some writing projects to work on ... (all of us writers are approaching tomorrow's big deadline ... :-D) I did just want to give a quick update ... to share these things before I forget!!!

I had a nice weekend ... even though it was pretty busy, in a sense it felt restful and was refreshing. Always a good way to start the week! :) I met up with a couple of other girls for lunch on Saturday, to fellowship and share about the Lord. I treasure those times ... those chances for meaningful talks and fellowship. :)

Saturday evening was my Bible study as usual, and getting to fellowship with friends from there as well! Yesterday was nice ... I always enjoy getting to go to church and Sunday school! And I had the opportunity to go downtown for the homeless ministry and community fellowship as well ... I truly was refreshed and rejuvenated through that time! I always love the opportunity to go and help reach out to the homeless downtown when I am able ... I have a heart for those people down there who have so little yet are so grateful for even the little we give them ... a sandwich and a cup of cold water. Wow! Yesterday as I was helping pour water into styrofoam cups, I was reminded of the Scripture verse about how giving someone a cup of water on this earth is just as if we were giving it to Jesus ... wow ... what a privilege! I so much want to be close to the Father's heart ... to rejoice for those things that His heart rejoices for, and to have my heart ache for the things that break His heart.

And now ... as I head out in not too long, probably, to Barnes and Noble for the night, to spread out my writing projects and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate :) ... I think of the great privilege and joy it is to get to be part of this, too ... His work across the globe, whether here in Dallas or ... as much of my life is ... His work on the other side of the world, in Asia. It's amazing to me to think that something I do here could touch lives on the other side of the world. But oh, how grateful I am. I am not worthy, yet the Lord allows me to take part in His redemptive work ... His work of drawing precious people to faith in Him. None of us are worthy in ourselves, yet He still chooses to use us. What grace He has lavished on us!

No comments: