Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Praising God for His Redemptive Heart

I have lately been fighting an inward battle at times as I seek to reach out to people God brings in my path, and share the Gospel with them. My inward battle being that sometimes I'm not completely sure how to go about reaching out to them ... or I worry at times that I said ... too much? too little? the wrong thing? But I must remember that I worship and serve a sovereign, all-powerful God. A God for whom nothing is impossible, a God who, at the same time, wants to see people come to know Him and experience His redemptive love even more (infinitely more!!) than I desire that in my human flesh, and with His perfect love. Praise the Lord!

When I worry ... I can often tell I'm not praying like I should. ;-) So ... I choose to pray in faith and lift any ministry opportunities in my life right now to the Lord, trusting that He will give me wisdom and show me His heart for each thing.

In some ways this has been a stressful week for me, and I have wondered if it could be a form of spiritual warfare, since the Lord taught me so much the other day through my Experiencing God study and may be drawing me to deeper places in my walk with Him. Somehow it's so comforting to realize this could very well be the case ... because it is encouraging confirmation that the Lord is working in my heart. Wow ... it's amazing just how writing this all out has helped me. :)

As I lift these situations to the Lord tonight, I can TRUST Him that He will work in people's hearts and lives, and that He will grant to me His perfect peace as I seek to focus my mind on Him. Again ... it's just so exciting to think of how lives being redeemed for all eternity is so dear to the Father's heart ... and that He is working in incredible ways to bring this about ... as I have seen so often firsthand through the many encouraging reports I get to hear from the mission field in Asia. How I praise the Lord that, whether here or in Asia or the jungles of the Amazon ... or anywhere else around the world ... He is about the business of redemption.

No comments: