Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sharing Thoughts from another Great Weekend

I sure have been enjoying my weekends lately. This was another good one ...

Friday was good fellowshipping and praying with people from work at all-night prayer. (I made it until pretty close to 1:45 ... :-D) I shared some prayer requests for Sri Lanka. Several people came up to me afterwards to tell me they thought it went so well ... one shared that he could see my heart in the presentation. I was so very encouraged by their kind words ... especially since I really wasn't totally sure how it would all go until I got up there. :-) I was encouraged as I was preparing my Powerpoint, and then sharing it, that we serve a God for whom nothing is impossible ... This is the God who spoke the universe into being ... so how can He not bring political peace to the nation of Sri Lanka, provided that is in His plan for their redemption - their spiritual peace as well? Praise the Lord! There is nothing He can't do.

Yesterday I caught up with friends, both from work and church. And just overall enjoyed the beautiful weather. And got maybe just a bit done around the apartment ... although I was hoping to get a lot more done, but oh well ... maybe I needed the break? :-) All in all, it was a good, relaxing day. After Bible study last night, we all ate at Gazebo Burger and had a great time. A few of us played Catch Phrase afterwards, too!

Today was nice, being back at church/Sunday school and catching up with friends. It felt like I hadn't seen everyone from Sunday school in a while, with us not having class on Easter and then me being out of town last weekend. So it was nice to see them again! The teaching in Sunday school was really good, too ... He taught on Ephesians, illustrating from the Scriptures how the very essence and heart of our prayers should be for the wisdom and revelation to know Christ more. Amen. It was really a great encouragement and exhortation that ministered to me. Even in those moments when I'm praying for desires dear to my heart, I am to offer them to the Lord ... to pray that in these things, His glory would be manifest in my life. My chief end in praying about these things should be that His name be hallowed in them ... that they be used for me to know Jesus more. For that is the heart of life ... to know HIM. Praise the Lord that we have a wonderful, sure and lasting foundation in all of life ... Jesus!

No comments: