Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Not by Accident

This is kind of neat ... I will preface this post by saying that I have been challenged in my Experiencing God Bible study at the church to be watching to see how the Lord is at work in events and people around me. :) Here are some examples of where I have seen that lately ... I think they have come at just the right time when I needed the encouragement that God is at work ...

In my last post I forgot to mention something really amazing about the young guy the Lord gave me the opportunity to share a bit of the Gospel with on the airplane ... Several days before, when I was preparing for the missions conference, I felt God pretty clearly putting it on my heart to change my presentation!

Well ... the new story I used for the presentation was the one I ended up being able to share with the guy on the airplane to bring out the Gospel message! And the story I had in my "original" presentation totally would not have been applicable to share, nor would it have brought out the Gospel. Praise the Lord!

I feel like He is continually reminding me lately that He orchestrates events ... that, in His scheme of things, there are no accidents. Another neat thing ... on Monday evening, I was a little tired (had just gotten in that day) but still wanted to do some laundry. Looking in my laundry room, I was reminded that I needed laundry detergeant. I can't remember the exact time, but it was probably close to 8:30, possibly later, when I made it to Wal-mart.

While I was on my way out with my laundry detergeant, I ran into Mimsy, this girl who lives in my apartment complex. [How we ended up meeting is an entirely different yet incredible story that I believe the Lord had His hand in. It involves a beautiful gray cat and another cat named Baxter that I have yet to meet. :) IF you would like to know, just ask me. :)] It seemed that she was just running in there real quick (kind of like I was!) and I really believe the Lord arranged us meeting up that night! We had a great chat right there in Wal-mart, and she asked if anything was going on with my church this weekend and is likely coming out with me to my Bible study! :o)

Well, I'm about to head out but just wanted to share these stories. :) Have a great evening, everyone!

3 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Tag! You're it! Visit my blog to see what I'm talking about.
http://upsiedoodle.blogspot.com/