Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

A Full, Good Saturday

It has been a full, good day.

This morning I went downtown to Adopt a Block. It was my first time getting to go down there, and I enjoyed chatting with people in my group as we picked up trash in the neighborhood, and meeting these two really great women who live in that area. Again I was struck by the joy in the Lord of people who don't have all that much, as far as earthly things. It's an incredible thing ... and something I love to see manifested in people's lives! I also got the opportunity to pray for another woman, Audrey, whom we met while picking up trash on this one lot.

I got in a really nice walk at the nature preserve late this afternoon. The weather was so nice, and it felt great! I saw a beautiful hawk and enjoyed being out there around sunset. Good times. As I was walking down one path and saw a dove flutter by, I thought about how gracious God is to us, to leave the animals here for us to enjoy! I mean, after the Fall, he could have just taken away all those things that are so special about His creation. Yet He showed such mercy and love for us, in leaving them here for us to enjoy.

Another highlight of today was going to my Saturday night Bible study and fellowshipping with friends there. I am so thankful for that group! And for my Sunday morning Bible fellowship group, too! I thank the Lord so much for leading me to this church. :-)

It's been a really great day.

No comments: