Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cookout, Sunshine and Good Times with Friends

You could not have asked for a more beautiful day outside. Great weather for a cookout! Today my Bible fellowship group from church had a big cookout in a nearby apartment complex. Good times! I enjoyed visiting with friends, walking around, and taking pictures. Then I went walking at the nature preserve ... a little over 4 miles. :o)

I am so grateful for friends. And for this beautiful weather. And for this nice, three-day weekend. The thing that gives me greatest reason for thanks is Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. Because He lives and is my risen Savior, life has meaning. :)

Last night my friend Michele and I went to an Easter play put on by a small local church. Watching some of the scenes, I was reminded again in an amazing way of Jesus' love. He loves all of us so much ... so much that He gave His life to save us. If you know Jesus, I know you share in this wonderful hope. I pray that you will soon know Jesus if you don't yet! (I am happy to answer any questions you have ... also you can read about Him in His Word, the Bible. The book of John is a good place to start. :o)

No comments: