Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

His Ways Are Not Our Ways

This week, as I look forward to and "prepare" for being part of my college church's missions conference, I have to say that's one thing I've really been powerfully reminded of. Isaiah 55 talks about how His ways are higher than ours ... infinitely so!

I put "prepare" in quotations because along the way there have been various circumstances beyond my control ... such as not knowing certain details yet ... yet I see how the Lord is powerfully using that in my life to remind me of His sufficiency. To remind me that if He is going to use me and what He is doing through Gospel for Asia to touch hearts, it must be ALL Him. He must flow through me, for my words are empty! It is His words that will touch hearts. Praise the Lord for that! I am finding myself brought to the end of myself, pleading with Him to rid me of me and simply take over and speak His heart through me.

And I think that is the best place to be. For then He can truly work! I would, of course, appreciate your prayers as I go into this weekend ... especially for the event at 7:30 this Friday night as that is when I am to give a 10-minute presentation. :)

More than anything, I want to bring Jesus glory through this time ... to bring a smile to His dear face. And, too, to let Him use me to encourage and minister back to these precious people in my college area who have invested in me through their support and prayers. :)

No comments: