Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I've realized I haven't updated in a few days! I'm doing really well. Things have been busy with projects and stuff, and I've been having a nice weekend filled not only with good times with friends, but also "alone" time to rejuvenate as well. :-)

Today after church I ran into a co-worker and friend, Bea, at Macy's. As we were browsing the 65% to 75% off clearance racks together, she noticed a really cute short-sleeved green t-shirt with embroidery on it, but checked the price tag and it said $32! She said she could see how it was that much, being such a cute shirt. She put it back, and we parted ways - at least for the moment.

I thought about the shirt and how I'd love for her to have it and also it all of a sudden seemed a little "fishy" to me that it would still be $32 if indeed it had been correctly placed on the CLEARANCE rack! I went to a register and had them check the price, just to see, and it was actually $16! Add that to the fact that I had a $10 off a $30 or more purchase, and it made it a reasonable price for sure. [I had found a pair of white capris on a great clearance, so when we put the two items together it made at least a $30 purchase.] So we were both able to get our purchases for under $12 before tax!

I ran across my friend at just the right moment (Praise God) and was able to confirm I had grabbed her correct size, and she said she definitely wanted to get the shirt for that price! I really feel God put it on my heart to go back and check on that price for her. It's amazing how God cares about even the littlest details of our lives. And I love that, because it means we can trust Him with EVERYTHING ... including the big things, too. He's awesome.

No comments: