Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I have citrus-glazed chicken in my crockpot. I can't wait to get home and see how it's looking and smelling. :o) I always enjoy making stuff in the crockpot and am wanting (and planning!) to use it more. I havent' tried this particular recipe, but it was in a cookbook one of my friends from back home gave me this weekend!

It's supposed to cook on low for 6 to 9 hours and has been cooking for close to 5 now. I may put it on high for an hour or so before eating it for supper tonight.

But enough about citrus-glazed crockpot chicken. :o) [I'll have to let you know how it turns out!] The weather outside has been absolutely gorgeous and I am so grateful. Lately (as in, the last two nights, plus some last month) I have been falling asleep around 10 or 11 on my sofa, and sometimes not waking up until 3 a.m. or even 5 a.m.! Not good .... I need to seriously avoid doing that tonight, especially as I can tell I don't sleep as well when I do that, and I need to try to arrive a little before 8 tomorrow morning since I'm sharing requests for the writers during morning prayer.

I continue to be reminded that Jesus is everything ... and that somehow, I want to give more of myself to Him. (Ultimately, I want to give ALL of me ... even if my flesh trembles at times at the thought ...) I know there are ways in which to an extent I've been holding back, and I don't want to do that! But how do I give more of myself to Him? I realize it is HE who must enable me. There is nothing in me. Yet at the same time I must be willing ... and agree to die to my flesh.

I have really been enjoying the book Hinds Feet on High Places and can see how the Lord has been using it to speak to my heart.

No comments: