Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Okay. So explain this to me ... My shoulders were hurting quite a bit today, my friends visiting me from back home are coming in a day early (I did find this out yesterday morning though:o) and I still have quite a bit I'd like to get done before their visit (picking up, sweeping, mopping, errands, etc. etc.)- Yet I have much peace. I am really grateful for that. I actually was visiting with a good friend and co-worker just a few minutes ago in her office, and asked her to pray for me. After she prayed for me I experienced such peace. Our God is faithful.

Also this afternoon, a co-worker came by and gave me his MP3 player to listen to for a while ... It was a worship band from his church, and just what I needed! As I listened to songs like "Hallelujah, What a Savior" and "In Christ Alone", I was struck with just how much I need to and long to still give over to God ... and how He is worthy of everything! If He did what He did for me on the Cross, how can I not seek to give Him everything? And, really, that's ultimately the most fulfilling life anyway.

Oh, Lord ... crucify my flesh, I pray!

No comments: