Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Don't know 'bout y'all, but I had a pretty good weekend! Had some nice times of resting, doing laundry, and also catching up with some good friends from the ministry to go see Superman Returns at the dollar theater. (and who could forget Target popcorn and soda combo for a dollar?!! :o))

I got a new cell phone over the weekend, too. It's with Sprint PCS instead of the company I was currently with, because I'm getting way more minutes for the same price! It's all been perfect timing, too, as my current contract runs out this Saturday. Only thing is, my phone is kind of acting up - overheating and stuff. So I called the place and they suggested I go ahead and bring it down for an exchange. So looks like I'll be making a trip to the mall tonight. I don't expect to go in any stores, though, just the Sprint PCS kiosk most likely.

On a different note, I'm happy because my pot roast in the crockpot turned out quite good. Well, okay, so I kind of mistakenly added four times the amount of water it called for, so it was a little liquidy (hee hee). But that was easily fixed by turning the excess liquid into a gravy for the roast, potatoes and carrots, as well as for the brown rice I cooked up last night. Yay!

Okay ... I'm going to go now. Life must be pretty uneventful when one must blog about what one cooks in one's crockpot. :o) (hee hee)

In all seriousness, though, I am doing quite well.

P.S. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how the citrus-glazed chicken from last week turned out. It turned out fine except somewhat bland ... I guess it was just how the recipe turned out, since I followed directions pretty well. We Southerners just like slightly more spicy food, I guess. :o) But it's still very edible and I probably got, like, five meals at least out of it before freezing one more serving. So there you have it. :o) (as my dear friend Kara would say!)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

HI Rach! Just wanted to tell you I was here. I miss you so much. call me sometime!

Love ya!