Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Wow, it has been a really nice weekend.

This has been so refreshing after a week or so of kind of rough times!

Friday Night: Went to Barnes and Noble to read in some books, buy a book I've been wanting to read, and look just a little bit over projects for work.

Saturday Morning: Went out to Allen Premium Outlets because I had an extra 20% off coupon for the Eddie Bauer outlet. :o) Found a great dress and pair of shorts for 70% off (plus 20%!!!) and a really cute long-sleeved knit striped shirt (bluish colors) for a good price after the coupon.

Saturday Afternoon: Left the Outlets for my 2:00 haircut appt. near Trinity Mills and the Tollway! After my haircut, I grabbed a "bite to eat" (to use my mom's expression :o)) and picked up three friends of mine from the ministry (all sisters!) at their house to go to Ross and Target, where we enjoyed their $1 popcorn and soda combo. :o) Then we had supper at their house! Great times.

Saturday Night: Ran over to a staff family's house where a bunch of young people from the ministry were meeting to play games and stuff. We played Balderdash (one of my favorites!), around-the-world ping pong and roasted marshmellows in the fire pit outside. It was so much fun!

No comments: