Welcome, dear friends! Here you will find an assortment of snippets and reflections ... and hopefully some encouraging quotes from people like John Piper and C.S. Lewis and ... most of all ... the Scriptures. :-) Leave a comment if you'd like - I would love to hear from you! Have a GREAT day.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

bummalo - a dried fish used in chutney relish

One of our definitions from last night's entertaining game of Balderdash at the home of a family from the ministry. I don't remember it word for word, I'm sure, but I think it's somewhat close. One of our favorite definitions for that word was M.T.'s -- "a bummed out buffalo". :o) Good times.

This morning's message in church was good, even if quite convicting ... He talked about how Jesus' yoke is easy and His burden is light, but how we only truly enter into that easy yoke and light burden when we faithfully SUBMIT to Him. I feel like I've been able to do that with relative ease in the BIG things (only by God's grace and working!), but in the "little" things it's much more of a challenge ... but I want to do better with these things, because they're important! I want to please Jesus.

1 comment:

banderclip said...

i like that word! i'll have to try it in a sentence sometime.